Cooking fish on a barbecue is an excellent way to bring out the best in the fish’s flavor and texture. However, you buy fish either whole or in fillets or steaks will give you trouble, because they tend to fall apart a little easier. All you need are a few expert tips, and you’ll cook fish like a pro in BBQ. Creating amazing-tasting grilled fish is easier than you think.
Serve: 4 | Preparation: 5min | Cooking: 20 min | Skill Level:easy
- 4 pieces of fish fillets (Choose a fish that is meaty and thick like Australis Barramundi), about 150g each
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon minced shallots, optional
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- Turn your grill on to high and allow it to heat for 5 to 10 minutes until the grill is very hot
- Carefully pat fillets dry with paper towels. Brush fillets liberally with oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides
- Place fish on grill and cook until lightly golden brown
- Flip and cook fish until it can be flaked with a fork and is opaque almost all the way through
- Transfer fish to a platter, let rest for 5 minutes
- Combine the Mayonnaise, lemon zest, juice, parsley and shallot, stir to mix well
- Serve your barbecued fish with the sauce
Find the right tool for success! The fish spatula is an essential part of every chef’s tool kit, and useful for all kinds of everyday cooking tasks. A wide spatula with a thin, tapered edge will help you do the job nicely.
Joymade Kitchen’s affordably-priced lightweight spatula can be used for a multitude of tasks, including turning delicate fish fillets in a pan and flipping pancakes. It’s able to slide easily under the fish, and it’s also large enough to support the whole fillet while you flip it.
Now, its time for your BBQ party!
Visit our shop for more grill tools: https://www.joymadekitchen.com.au/products/